Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fred

So, we got Fred home. Fred does not look like a Fred. Fred does not act like a Fred.

We tried lots of names and, since he doesn't answer to any name that we could tell, including his old one, my husband just started calling him "Buddy." Most men I know call almost all dogs "Buddy." I think it's for the same reason they call women, "honey" or "darlin'" or "sweetie". You can't get in trouble for getting the name wrong if you never use the name!

Anyway, Shorty started calling the new pup Buddy. I was ok with it. Not great, but ok. Then I stood out on the back porch to call the dogs in for the night.

Duck...
Buddy...
Holly...

Buddy Holly?

and the name stuck.

No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords