Sunday, June 3, 2007

About me

As stated in the "about me" blurb, I am a happily married mother of 4 - entirely different than a married happy mother of 4 but that's a story for a different universe.

Anyway, it also states that I have 3 dogs, 2 at home and 1 at work. In just the last week, that has changed to "I have 6 dogs, 3 at home, 1 at work, and 2 at the business adjacent to my home." I am not sure how this happened but my daughter says it has a lot to do with my inability to say "No." She is undoubtedly right - she gave us our 2nd dog - no, wait, that had more to do with her inability to hear "No."

I now believe that I am destined to be the crazy dog lady. You know her. Every town has one, although crazy cat ladies are more common. I think it has to do with the price of the food and the size of the poop!

So, at home, I now have Duck (a Catahoula-Sharpei cross) and Holly (a rare and exotic white boxer), 8 and 5 years old respectively.

At work, I have Bug, who is 1 and 1/2 and plays tug of war with semis. She never wins.

At the business adjacent to my house, I have (we have, my daughter is taking financial responsibility for these two - there's just no room at her house with her 2 Danes. Can we say future crazy dog lady?) Beany and Cecil. I'm not sure how old B&C are - probably about 4 months. They were abandoned, along with a sibling who has since been hit by a car. There is a special circle of hell for people who abandon dogs in the country because "Someone will take care of them". Sorry, pet peeve. Also, how I acquired Bug.

Finally, there is Fred, a 4 month old mutt who is living with some friends of mine. Their lease precludes pets and he is cute. There you have it. When you read in the National Enquirer about the Hereford Hound Hoarder, remember, you read it here first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are the proud founder of the HHH. Maybe we can get a HHH apprecaite month?

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords