Thursday, May 27, 2010

Perspective




I grew up in the San Francisco Bay area. I spent summers in Southern California. When I grew up, I moved to the desert. The one thing all of these places have in common is weather reporting.

The minute it rains in California, the world stops. Every single news station's weather person dons their raingear, finds a puddle to stand near, and begins shouting into the microphone, reporting on "Storm Watch 1985" or "Storm Watch 2010", etc.

I now live in Tornado Alley in the panhandle of Texas. As I was driving to work the other night, our local news reporter was updating the weather. He said, and I quote, "this storm contains 60mph winds and quarter size hail. We do not expect any severe weather out of this storm".

It's all a matter of perspective.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I know what you mean. I lived in OKC for nearly 8 years. Been in two tornadoes. Used to chase them back before anyone knew what that was. And now I laugh at thunderstorms.

Princess Jewelee said...

LOL, Deathwatch 2009

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords