Sunday, December 7, 2008

We DO Remember

It is all too easy in this time of holiday preparation and holiday feasting to forget another important anniversary -

I was not born in 1941 when this horrendous "day of infamy" occurred but I will not, nor will my family, forget. I had several uncles who served in the military during WWII and all made it home safely. My dad worked in the shipyard at Mare Island in California during that time. It still just breaks my heart to think about that day.



Please pray for the respose of the souls of all of those who died then in the service of their country and for our freedom.


Pearl Harbor - December 7, 1941 - a day that will live in infamy.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I noticed the date when I got up. I posted Pearl Harbor in 2006.

We'd like to go to Hawaii to throw flowers on his "grave"

Junebug said...

We will remember too! Thanks.

kitten said...

I had 3 Uncles who served. Thanks for remembering them and others at this time. May God Bless their souls!

Anonymous said...

The history teacher always remembers. And, it's also the day we found out my son would, in fact, be the very desired boy child.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords