Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Casting My Net

Casting my net

Today, I came home after work intending to veg until bedtime.  It was that kind of day.  I didn’t know how much I didn’t know until I knew some of it.

I got a call about a possible lead on an apartment so I went to look.  I couldn’t find the manager at one place and the other place was not yet vacant or viewable.

I decided to take a drive.  I like, when I dispatch a call, to be able to see in my head where the deputies are going – what the terrain is like, what the surroundings are like, and any proximate dangers.  I took a call today from a little community about 10 miles east of the town I am in.  I drove out there and then took the VERY scenic route back.  I went almost to Oklahoma and then came back around on some county roads through the Lake Marvin area.
 
I did not find a place to live.  I did find two does with fawns and had to stop while 4 wild turkeys crossed the road in front of me.  I found oil wells and oil fields.  I found rolling, sage brush covered vistas and then tunnels of dark, leafy greenness.


I found peace.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

When I lived in Oklahoma, I loved just driving around out away from the city. The same way the fields and skies opened up and became wide, it felt as if my heart and lungs and brain did the same thing. I always returned home more sane than when I left.

Praying you find your new home soon!

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords