Saturday, February 20, 2010

and then...

and then.....

But first, a small digression. When my children were small, I was employed for many years as a law enforcement dispatcher. This is a job I love and one at which I excelled. When Juls moved here, there was an opening at the local Sheriff's Office for dispatcher. She applied, passed, and was employed there for 3 years. It's sort of the family occupation, I guess.

and then....

Juls called me to tell me that she was applying at a larger Sheriff's Office in the county north of us. She applied, she was interviewed, she was evaluated and tested, she was offered the position and she tendered her two week resignation.

This meant that there would be an opening at our local Department and that, with that pesky nepotism clause no longer an issue, I could apply. Although my prior experience is old, it is still prior experience. The pay would be better, the benefits would be better and, instead of 9 hours on my feet, I would spend most of 8 hours sitting on my fanny. I'm really not sure about that being of benefit, but it would definitely be more comfortable.

That night, when I was almost at the point of tears, God gave me this gift. A new opportunity.

I applied. I was interviewed. I was, pending the outcome of a psychiatric evaluation and drug test, offered the position. I gratefully accepted and I tendered my two week resignation.

And then...

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Oh, oh! I like this story! You got a job you really liked? But there's more of those "... and then"s here. Please can we have a happy ending?

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords