Monday, November 4, 2013

Fun Monday - favorite plant

Evidently we are all feeling nostalgic.  I suggested we (the group of us who all blogged almost daily about 6 years ago) try to at least blog once a day for the month of November.  So far, so good.

Enter the SwampWitch (Swampy to those of us who know and love her) who has decided, as long as we are going to blog again, to resurrect Fun Monday.  Fun Monday is a cinch.  Someone suggests a topic and we all post a picture of whatever the topic is.  No words necessary but words are always appreciated.

Swampy's topic of the week - favorite plant, inside or out.

I do not have a green thumb.  I did manage, for over a year and a half, to keep alive the peace plant that my friend, Vicki, gave me when my mom died.  It finally succumbed a couple of weeks ago.  This is the planter it lived in next to the blown glass baby harbor seal.  "Don't make me hit you over the head with a baby harbor seal!"

10 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

At least you have a pretty pot. Love the color.

Nikki said...

Hehehehehe. My mother had the "black thumb" too.

Sayre said...

You kept it alive that long? I'm impressed. The only way my plants survive is if I leave them completely alone. That's the REAL beauty of the aloe!

Pamela said...

indirect sunlight
keep temperature constant
and wait for it to get dry b4 you water it.

I think I killed mine, too -- by watering it too much.

Swampwitch said...

Love your sense of humor. Great pot! Thanks for getting us up and moving with our globs. Hugs ! If my plants are thirsty, they know where the water is.

karisma said...

You sound like my mum, she never used to have much luck with plants either. My brother ended up giving her succulents. :-)

karmyn R said...

There are a few plants I can't keep alive either!

ChrisB said...

Now I have to go google and find out what a peace plant looks like!!

Faye said...

Very thoughtful to give a brown thumb a plant in a pot that will look good long after the plant is gone. The peace lily will last a long time but eventually gets so uguly you wish it would die!

littledebbie said...

Keeping a plant alive is a challenge for me. I do love your planter. :)

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords