Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Remember When

I was browsing earlier this evening and ran across this post at AFF. I will have to admit that I have never heard of this cartoon. When I saw, on her post, the letters "J E M" I thought of "To Kill a Mockingbird". I did start thinking though about the things that make me remember and this song immediately came to mind.





I love how songs will take me back. Songs take me back to good times and to bad times and to those times (and people) that I still remember fondly. Different songs for different folks, you know? I still have songs that can bring me to tears instantly which is why I play them when I need a good cry and just can't get one started. I have songs that make me sing along aloud in public. I have songs that make me nostalgic and songs that make me thankful to have survived. I just love the soundtrack of my life.

2 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'm glad to see the post was thought provoking!

Pamela said...

Whenever I hear "Lay your head" by Eddie Arnold I cry. I've never been able to explain it to anyone.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords