Friday, May 9, 2008

Swampy's Baby Shower for Karmyn

I love Swampy. I am a better, kinder, and more generous person for knowing (sort of) Swampy. This party is a perfect example. I cannot remember having had more fun shopping for a shower gift. I cannot wait to see what everyone else got Karmyn.









My gift?








It's sort of an inclusive baby gift. Until the newest little one is ready to fully enjoy, the older sibs and Mom and Dad can hang out.








I give you.....








A library!!!!! All for your very own, in your very own home, and fully stocked with these books.








This library is furnished with soft and comfy sofas, lots and lots of soft, huge pillows, colorful rugs, terrific lamps, a Bose sound system and decorated with these beautiful hand painted murals. Just a nice, cozy place to nurture all of those "what ifs".








So, Karmyn, enjoy your shower and I hope you enjoy all of your gifts. Much health, happiness and joy to you and all of yours.

13 comments:

willowtree said...

What a brilliant idea! If had my own library maybe I would have learned to read.

karisma said...

I would love a library in my house, the books are taking over I tell you!

kitten said...

Just a Fantastic idea!

Anonymous said...

Makes me almost want to be pregnant so you'll send me all this loot. ( repeat: ALMOST)
Love the books. Great list. Thanks for attending the shower...and for the nice compliment.

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for that compliment. That's reciprocal, you know.

I'll try to spell my name correctly this time.

Anonymous said...

WOW, great "gift" idea!! Can I have a library too?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Sandy! This IS the perfect gift. I LOVE books and it I have instilled that love in my kids - so having a library of my own is a DREAM!!!!

ChrisB said...

Brilliant present my first thought was similar to swampy's 'I almost wish I was young enough to be pregnant'! You can never have enough books. The earlier children start looking at books the better they will come to love reading.

Anonymous said...

WOW. I want to have a baby, just to get one of your presents. AMAZING, Sandy!

Robinella said...

That's a beautiful gift. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have such a place.

Alison said...

I love it Sandy...very creative and unique and a perfect gift!!!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I LOVE this! That's one lucky kid!

Emma in Canada said...

I think every home should be designed with a library in mind.

Love the poem, I have a great book based on it.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords