Monday, April 23, 2007

Jimmy
(originally posted 12/15/06)

I spent a great deal of time trying to decide what to call this blog. This has been a very stressful week, just not for me. It has been stressful, though, for a great many people that I care about and I just feel so danged helpless.

Wednesday evening a friend of mine died. It was not expected and, unlike some people I have known who were ill for a long time, it was not welcome. It's kind of ironic because my friend was ill and we sort of expected him to die early - you know, before all the rest of us do. We just expected it to be his disease that killed him and not a horrific traffic accident.

It is my nature to find bright spots. Sometimes I find this comforting and sometimes I find it incredibly annoying. Any way you cut it, though, it's what I do.

Sooooo- it was a single vehicle accident and no one else was injured - bright spot.

His widow has faith that is truly strong and deep, along with a church family who will be with her every step of the way - bright spot.

He evidently was either dead when his vehicle hit the tree or death was instantaneous - bright spot.

We all have wonderful memories, a lot of which make us hysterical, by which to remember him - bright spot.

And last, but most certainly not least, he is with God - incredibly luminous glorious and radiant bright spot.

We loved you, Jimmy

No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords