Monday, September 12, 2011

Tattoos

I got my first tattoo when I was 31. I am planning my next one.

Tomorrow, Lily gets tattooed. I know of horses who get tattooed on their lip or their ear or some other part of their anatomy for identification purposes. The Lippizzans are tattooed and/or branded in several different places.

Such is not the case with Lily.

Julie can tell you all the technical names for what her horse is. Her horse is a paint. One of her horse's eyes is surrounded by white hairfurcoat (whatever it is that horses have). Horses whose eyes are thus positioned are prone to cancer of the eye. So, much in the manner of a football player, a black line will be tattooed around her eye to give her protection.

I was campaigning for a daisy or a sunflower. Juls wanted the Gene Simmons eye. Nope. The vet says a plain old line. Oh, well.

I am posting a before picture of Lily now.



OK, this is actually a picture of Julie on Lily. I just like the picture.




This is a better shot of Lily's eye.





The after shots will follow fairly soon, I hope.

4 comments:

Sayre said...

Interesting! I didn't know that. Does the black line keep some of the radiation from getting to the eye itself?

Pamela said...

I'm learning things. maybe I need to use that excuse to get eyeliner tattooed on me? My late mother in law had her eyebrows tattooed on. She always looked astonished.

Karmyn R said...

whoa - I did not know horses got tats! I learn something every day.

Princess Jewelee said...

s Lily's mom i can tell y'all she did great.. Pics have been emailed to my mom so i am sure you will see them soon.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords