Monday, March 22, 2010

Fun Monday - Wherefore art thou?


Our hostess this week is the lovely Sayre. Her request?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? What would you do with your time? Who would you live with? How would you get there? What accomodations would you be living with? Tell me about this life you have fantasized for yourself!

OK, this is pretty easy for me since this is a VERY old fantasy of mine. Let's start off with some lovely lyrics from Lerner and Loewe:

"A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.





Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot."

All right. Now we know where and, as I sit here in the falling snow on the first day of spring, why. With whom? Ah, that's easy. I would live in Camelot with the very delectable, very listenable, and very easy on the eyes Sam Elliott. It would not matter if it was the young Sam or the current Sam. No matter at all. There would be no Lancelot in my kingdom. There would just be Sam.

I cannot think of too many changes that I would make to the original (Lerner and Loewe version) Camelot. There would definitely be indoor plumbing and enough ice for decent refrigeration but that's about it. Oh, wait. I would own a printing press and an absolutely amazing library.

That's it. Chivalry and heraldry and honor and no snow after daylight. What more could a woman want?

9 comments:

Sayre said...

That is a great fantasy (and Sam Elliott... I have always loved that guy!!!!). Make sure you have plenty of servants to keep that big old castle clean and running!!! Otherwise, you'd spend your entire fantasy life cleaning and picking up after the animals!

Peter said...

Hope you get to do your "everaftering" in Camelot, be it real or fantasy.

Faye said...

You brought back good memories Sandy--my college choir director singing "Camelot" for us at the end of a long rehearsal. He was no Sam Elliot but we suspected a very romantic, but tragic, past by the sadness in his voice. We're never too old to dream of Camelot, right?

Jill said...

hilarious. love it. snow and rain have been the bane of our existence lately!

Jan n Jer said...

What a fantastic place to live..and Sam Elliot...Heaven!

karisma said...

Very cool! Can I come and visit. I should like to just for the excuse to dress up! hehe!

Swampy said...

Camelot. Camelot...saw the movie when I was a senior in high school. Love it. May I come visit ?

Pamela said...

what a lovely dream image.

I'm nost sure about Sam Elliot. There was a time I would have chosen Jeff Bridges. But, after I saw his portrayal of the drunk in Crazy Hearts, well... that image pretty much stays with me.

(ps. He is quite the actor, but I thought the movie sucked.)

Swampy said...

After you visited and commented on my Reese Witherspoon/Ree Drummond post the other day, I had a special someone stop by...giggle giggle...go check out the comments if you have time. Thought you would enjoy it.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords