Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Previously Unknown Tradition

My brother, Richard, served in the US Army during the VietNam War.  On his first trip back home after basic, he unloaded his duffel bag.  Now, my brother is a very tall man.  Very tall.  My mother told the story for years about how he brought home a good half dozen uniforms, none of them the same size and none of them his size.

Fast forward 50 years, give or take.  My grandson, CJ, recently completed Infantry School at Fort Benning, GA.  On his first trip back home after graduation, he unloaded his duffel bag.  My grandson is now taller than I am but not as tall as my brother.  His mother can now tell the story for years about how he brought home a good half dozen uniforms, none of them the same size and none of them (with the exception of his dress uniform) his size.

Don't even get me started on the boots.

No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords