Friday, September 6, 2019

No longer a go-alonger

" No, Daisy came from a favorite movie character forgotten by all but a few gray-haired Streisand fans: the goofy, sweetly innocent, chain-smoking go-alonger Daisy Gamble in Vincente Minnelli’s 1970 On a Clear Day You Can See Forever."  from an article about pet names

I am one of the few "gray-haired Streisand fans" who remember and love this movie.  I was unable to find a video clip of the go-alonger scene from the movie.  I was looking for it because, in the last few months, I have determined that I am, in fact, a "go-alonger."

Since Shorty died, I have been contemplating who I am now.  For 34 years, I have been half of "Shorty and Sandy."  Now, I am just Sandy.  I just have to figure out who that is.

Things I know.

I am Julie and John's mom.  I have two other kiddoes, one of whom I don't claim and one who does not claim me.

I am grandmother to a gaggle of grandkids.  I am close to some and not close to others.

I am a Catholic.

I am a "Licensed Telecommunicator" or, as I prefer to think of it, a pretty darn good 911 dispatcher.  My daughter has promised to tell me when I cease to be pretty darn good.

Things I have realized.

The first Harley I ever got on was Shorty's.
The only Harley I ever got on was Shorty's.
I got my motorcycle license so that Shorty could still ride, even if he couldn't drive.
I have not been on the Harley since my kids and grandkids left after Shorty's funeral.
I have several tattoos, none of them Harley Davidson inspired.
Anyone besides me noticing a pattern here?

Yep.  I loved Shorty and I like Harleys.  I do not love Harleys.  I do not need to own a Harley.

I need to cushion my bank account, learn a new language, see the ponies swim at Chincoteague, and blog consistently.

Talk to y'all soon.  I think I'm back - or at least on the way.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Glad your back.. You are a pretty good writer

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords