Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Me and My Band

I found this at Hootin' Anni's and thought I'd give it a shot. It was more fun than I thought it would be. It started out as a meme so if you want to do it, super. If not, that's OK, too.



Here's how it goes. You are about to have your own band's CD cover. Follow these directions to the letter. It is easy and requires no thought at all.





1. Go to www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.


Sequence Analysis - DNA stuff, way beyone me



2. Go to www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last 4 words of the last quotation on the page is the name of your album.

"Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live"...Margaret Fuller



3. Go to www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The 3rd picture, no matter what it is, is your cover art.



4. Use whatever program you want to put it all together into a CD cover (I actually typed album jacket and then realized that some of y'all might not know what an album is).


Publish the results. Here is mine:









So have a ball and remember to follow the rules - even you, Swampy, if you decide to do this.

12 comments:

Junebug said...

Hey, that was fun!

Gattina said...

Ah ! that's a great CD cover ! I did the meme too and had a lot of fun !

Unknown said...

I like that cover! Now what in the heck is "the mad bluebirds everwhere"?

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I would totally buy that cd.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you guys must be a jazz/blues band.

kitten said...

I done that the other day. I Love your Album!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I think I'll give this a try when I get home. Looks fun!!!

Thanks,
Hallie

Anonymous said...

I'll give it a try! Looks like fun

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

How funny that you got a doggie!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

My brother has wanted kids for over 13 years. (his first fiancee was murdered) I think he may be THRILLED to be puked on!

He is just so dang happy!

Hallie

willowtree said...

I agree, it was much more fun than I expected. I don't know if I'll post my album right now, I'm in the middle of a serial.

Pamela said...

How did you get a DOG picture

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords