Sunday, March 11, 2012

Feeling Froggy


I have neglected my blog for several reasons. One, my life has been pretty depressing lately and I like to wallow alone. Two, some of the reasons my life has been depressing lately are stories that are not just mine and I don't share other people's stuff if I can help it. Three, I am a lazy procrastinator.

However, I was just over on facebook (reason #four) and remembered my profile picture. When my mom died, my daughter sent me a picture of a frog. I resurrected a blog from 2008 when I explained why we celebrate with frogs. This frog? A very special frog. Want to know why?

It's a Grenada frog.

My mother always drove Fords - big Fords with big 350 v8 engines that would fly. In 1976, in the middle of October, my mother deviated from this tradition and bought a Ford Granada. Ford no longer makes Granadas. We should all give thanks.

We lovingly referred to this car, this boring grey car, as the gutless wonder. I am sure it was economical and I am sure that the gas prices of the 70s influenced her choice but it was a gutless wonder. That car could not get out of it's own way.

If you want to know why Granadas and Grenadas will always be special to Juls and to me, the story is here.

1 comment:

Richard said...

I am honestly sorry that you are having such bad times.Spring and Easter and new elections are a short time away.
As for the Beast, Mom thought we might be less reckless if we couldn't go so fast.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords