Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Me, two, again

I had a little time to do some editing, so here I am again, a little lighter and a little more in focus. I do not remember this picture but I can tell you the family stories that I do remember from this time. My parents built a house in 1941. In 1956, or thereabouts, they built this house just up the street from our Church. We lived there a short time, during which the other house was rented out and my Grandma came from Iowa to stay with us for a while. My Uncle Bud and Aunt Eileen, along with my cousin Mike, came out to pick up Grandma when her visit was through. We did not live in the new house very long because when I started kindergarten we were living in the old house again, where I lived until I got married and where my mom lived until after my dad died and she sold it. I do know that my mom was appalled at the state of her hardwood floors when we moved back! As far as the "four only children" statement I made yesterday, I am pretty sure my brother-in-law was implying that we were all equally spoiled and self-centered. He was pretty much right!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I love your quote above this comment box. I like this family picture because sitting in the structure gives a glimpse into your life at the time. (You were quite the cutie.)

Sayre said...

I see much better now! Thanks for the little backstory.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords