Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goose


This is Goose - as in "Duck, duck, goose". This only works because Duck has multiple personalities.


This is the puppy someone dumped at the business next door. I said, for at least 3 days, "this is not our puppy. We will not feed the puppy. We will not pet the puppy. We will not name the puppy. This is not our puppy." I said this often, continuously, and without prompting.


I said this until the morning that I opened the front door and the puppy was sitting on my porch. Someone (any volunteers, Moose?) had left the gate to our yard open. The puppy was sitting there, looking up and smiling. She is ours. She is NOT a house puppy. She is strictly a yard puppy.


She has had her puppy shots and she is on medication for the ringworm she picked up from the cat at the business next door. Yeah, I know. I should have let her in the yard sooner.


She is friendly and bouncy and very, very puppyish. Duck is better with her than I thought she would be. Holly does not like her. Holly does not like anyone else. Bonnie plays with her - a lot. So far, she can sit and stay. She goes out with the other dogs to walk the Dad to the trash can. She knows the word "yard" and runs like heck to get there first.

3 comments:

Sayre said...

You softy, you. I don't think I could have resisted either. Goose is one lucky dog!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO MUCH for this post. I loved it. Thank you for having the courage to be real......
Samantha
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices

Irish Coffeehouse said...

ha, ha... the famous last words. I did that too with a turtle we found in our yard- about the size of a nickel.

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords