Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October

In my world, October is the month of birthdays.  My brother's is the 2nd, my youngest grandson is the 24th and my youngest daughter is the 28th.

It is the month of homecoming games, football rivalries, mums, and Friday night lights.

It is the month of spiced apple cider, chili, casseroles, and hot cocoa.

It is the month when dogs, lethargic through the dog days of summer, pick up their pace on morning walks, shying at the falling leaves and avoiding the puddles left by isolated thunderstorms.

It is the month of layers - in clothing and bedding.

It is the month of open windows and closed screens when the nights are cool enough to sleep comfortably and the mornings warm enough to not freeze.

It is one of my favorite months.

No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords