Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

For me, this will always be the year of thankfulness.


I was going to list the people and places for whom I am thankful but was terrified of leaving out someone important and dear to me and hurting their feelings.  So, I am going to just forge ahead and hope that all of you can identify the category(s) you are in.


First and always, for God, His mercy and His grace.


I am thankful for my biological family and for the grace on all sides that allowed me to become reconnected with some - and hopeful for the rest.  It also just occurred to me that I include, in that description, the kids and grandkids that I inherited.  There are no distinctions in my heart.


I am thankful for my work family who make my life livable.  Their love, care, and willingness to change things at the drop of a hat to accommodate my ever-changing medical appointments is amazing.  I thank God each and every day for every single one of you.


I am thankful for my church family.  I have not been as present as I should be but I know, beyond a doubt, that I am in their prayers and that I am uplifted spiritually and physically by those prayers. 


I am thankful for all of my prayers warriors.


I am thankful for Julie's two cats (inside joke.)


I am thankful for the town in which I live.  Aside from the town I grew up in, I have never lived in a place with more generosity of spirit or better neighbors.


I am thankful for the medical resources available to me.  I cannot speak highly enough of BSA, the Harrington Cancer Center, Amarillo Surgical Group, and the Wound Care Center.  


I am thankful for the non-profit, volunteer groups in this area, especially for the Hereford Cancer Coalition and all of the ancillary volunteer groups at the Harrington Cancer Center.  Having people who know what you will need before you do is an absolutely underrated gift.


I am thankful for friends.


I am often frustrated, terse, overwhelmed and angry.  I am grateful for the ability to feel these things and for God's grace to find the good in every single day.


And always, for Juls, who has made the gagging motion at least 27 times if she is still reading and who understands where sympathy can be found.  Thank you for taking such good care of me.


No comments:

 
Myanderings - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords